Being able to hit the road and rest at any moment is the dream life for any traveler.
Owning an RV means you can go on fun adventures while camping, visiting your favourite national parks, or driving to cross off some of your bucket list items.
If you can’t get a good night’s rest in your own RV, then you will have a less comfortable and enjoyable experience.
This month we share the one tip that will completely transform your RV experience.
Imagine how difficult it would be to sleep on an uneven surface.
You would be rolling up against a wall, frustrated as you retrieve your pillow from the floor once again, or jarred awake in the middle of the night as your RV suddenly rocks out of nowhere, or one of your kids has to get up and use the restroom.
No one wants to sleep on a slant at night with their feet tilted in the air and their head pointed downward.
When the morning comes around, you’ll be lucky if you managed to get a few hours of sleep before you’re suddenly on the floor and realize that your RV moved yet again, and you woke up before the crack of dawn. It’s difficult to get a good night’s rest in your RV if you’re constantly finding yourself sleeping on an uneven surface.
If you’re traveling with your kids and/or spouse, think about how they must be feeling too.
Leveling your RV allows you and your family to sleep with comfort and prevents any middle-of-the-night movement. A slanted or downward-sloped RV is no way to live life on the road.
The best part is that the benefits of leveling your RV don’t stop at getting a good night’s sleep.
You’ll find that when you level your RV, it will also be easier to cook, shower, and yes, even spend some quality alone time in the loo (which, if you’re traveling with kids, may be the only place you get some alone time).
Leveling your RV also allows your refrigeration to work efficiently, especially if your rig is a vintage masterpiece, and prevents it from malfunctioning prematurely.
What exactly does leveling your RV mean?
We’re glad you asked.
Leveling refers to lifting the RV by raising each tire appropriately to obtain levelness that is comfortable and safe.
Lynx Levelers make it easy to level your RV and bring you closer to the best sleep you can get on the road!
One Lynx block raises your RV by one inch. For a two-inch raise, you’re going to have to build a pyramid with three blocks. With the easy instructions below, we’ll focus on leveling your RV with three blocks. You can also see a full video demonstration here if you need visual instructions.
1. Find a site that is solid ground and leveled. Clear any large rocks out of the way.
2. Before you start leveling, you’re going to want to get your RV in the exact position it will end up once leveled. To do this, you’re going to stack your blocks directly next to the wheels you want to raise, and you’re going to make two pyramids rather than one big stack (that way you’ll have blocks left over when you need to stabilize the RV).
3. Use the Lynx Cap on the centre of your pyramids. This gives your tires a smooth, gentle surface to rest on.
4. Pull your rig forward, and slide your levelers into place. You’ll know exactly where to put your stack because you’ll be able to see where the tire was.
5. Slide the levelers behind the tires. For a seasoned leveler, you can use a Lynx Stop ‘N Chock for the rear pyramid. That way, when you roll over your levelers, you’ll have some backing and know when you’re sitting pretty.
6. Now, put your RV in reverse, roll back onto your levelers, and add your second Lynx Stop ‘N Chock.
With millions of products sold over the last 20+ years, a 10-year warranty on your levelers, and a 5-minute setup, you can sleep like a baby knowing that Lynx Levelers got your back!